Sunday, March 11, 2012

I joined my local genealogical society yesterday

Yesterday I went to the monthly meeting of the Lower Bucks Genealogy Club in Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. I joined at the meeting.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the area (I live in Hamilton Township, NJ) and I had some difficulty finding the meeting location despite locating it on Google Maps before I went. I arrived in the middle of a presentation on the great flood along the Delaware River Valley in 1955. The presentation lasted for the remainder of the meeting so I was not able to really meet and get to know the other members.

The presenter, Mary A. Shafer, has written an excellent book on the subject, Devastation on the Delaware: Stories  and Images of the Deadly Flood of 1955, which can be purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment